Saturday, May 3, 2008

Jenny Lake, May 2, 2008

First, I have to say, that you shouldn't have a directionally disabled blonde woman, and a PREGNANT directionally disabled blonde woman (my friend) trying to get somewhere! My mapquest directions took me the way I DIDN'T want to go, so we got a big confused, and a bit lost, and ended up going TWO HOURS in the wrong direction before we figured it out (we were having a great conversation and hadn't realized how much time had passed and that we should have gotten there already). So we ended up taking a FOUR HOUR detour, and almost ran out of gas (I swear we made it to the gas station on fumes and a prayer!).

And this is what the babies did:


That's Erin on the right and Myla on the left. When they weren't sleeping they were stealing each other's toys and having a grand old time...for the most part.

So we FINALLY we made it to Jenny Lake...and it was FROZEN OVER. Yep. 3 feet of snow. I didn't make it down to the lakeside because the stairs down looked treacherous and with two babies we didn't want to risk it. Not only that but the wind coming over the snow-capped mountains and frozen lake was BITTER cold, and we soon had two shivering babies, so we didn't stay long.

But it was beautiful and I was so glad to be there even if for only moments.


And we had a great time getting lost! lol!!! It was actually a really great day. Gorgeous, fun day! I think Cora loved laughing at us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your babies are so beautiful! I hope you have a fantastic mothers day.

suzanne said...

Those are beautiful pictures that you took. I am glad that you have a friend that you can get lost with. It sounds like that will be a funny story to talk about in the future.