Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's day...late...

Valentine's Day this year was very good. I took some pictures for a photo contest for my mommy forum, and had a lot of fun with it. Erin came in second, but even I almost voted for the picture that won, so I wasn't at all surprised that it did. This first one is the one I entered. The rest are just from the same "photo shoot."




























































Matt gave me a new pair of Mt. St. Helen's emerald earrings to replace my other set that lost an emerald. They were the earrings that I got after losing Cora. Her birthstone is emerald, and the Mt. St. Helen's emeralds are made from compressing the volcanic ash. They're naturally evergreen--the color of the trees that once lived on the slopes of the mountain. To me they represent something beautiful that was lost, which only fits Cora too well. It was SUCH a good gift, to get another pair.









































Erin also got a gift from an online friend in the mail that day. It says "loved by an angel." It seemed, to me, like the day was centered around Cora. It was a really good day.

No comments: